The success of IANR is a direct result of the daily contributions of every employee. Our performance management process helps employees succeed by ensuring that we consistently set the right goals, align on expectations, and encourage ongoing communication between employees and managers.
IANR Performance Management Process
All Regular employees and their managers meet twice per year to discuss six open-ended questions, focusing on employee accomplishments, goals, and opportunities for growth and development (Temporary and On-Call staff are excluded). Conversations are summarized in the Perform system.
Performance Conversation Windows
September 15 – November 15
January 15 – March 15
Performance Conversation Process
- Performance Conversation Window Opens
- Employee Schedules Conversation
- Employee and Manager Prep Separately for Conversation
- Face-to-face Conversation
- Employee Summarizes Conversation in Trakstar Perform
- Manager Reviews Summary and Adds Comments
- Employee Acknowledges Manager's Review
Performance Conversation Questions
- Do you feel you are important to the success of your team? Yes, Somewhat or No. Please elaborate. What could you or someone else do that might increase your feeling of importance to the success of the team?
- What accomplishments have you had since our last performance conversation? What do you hope to accomplish before our next performance conversation?
- What steps will you take to develop professionally within your current role before our next performance conversation? How can I help you in this process?
- What challenges are you facing today? How can your natural strengths and talents be used to overcome these challenges?
- Do my supervisor and I think my accomplishments align with what is expected for this position and our unit’s priorities? Yes, Somewhat, or No. Explain.
- How can I help you be your best?
- Don’t discuss any answers prior to your face-to-face conversation
- Recognize accomplishments and discuss challenges
- Don’t add new comments when completing the summary
- Work to keep answers and conversations fresh
- Guide - Things to Think About & How to Keep Conversations Fresh
Questions related to performance management should be directed to:
Marci Sturek, IANR HR
Questions related to merit amounts and the merit process should be directed to your Business Manager or the IANR Budget Office.
Bryan Areman, IANR Finance Director